[xyz_lbx_default_code]dear black lab family,
i am incredibly pleased and excited to announce that the kickstarter campaign for our new album has launched and is now underway. after 18 months of hard hard work andy and i are in the final stages of the album — and all we need is your support to mix, master, manufacture and market the album.
we have been sweating and bleeding and jumping up and down in ecstasy over this thing and we’re dying for you to hear it. in fact, we’re dying for the whole world to hear it, which is why we’re doing this campaign so we can raise the funds to truly promote it to FM and XM radio and pay for publicity aimed at music blogs and other media.
please head over to the campaign at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/371459661/black-lab-the-new-album
and check out the video and all the awesome awards we have — from limited kickstarter-only edition CDs and T-shirts to great bundles of Skype conversations and live performances with me and Andy. some of the awards have a limited amount and the campaign is already cooking so get there quick for the best stuff.
and please please help us spread the word to your family and friends through email, social media, and by thrusting copies of our CDs into people’s hands. Think through your list of contacts and acquaintances and see if there’s someone you might know who could help — a blogger or a DJ maybe — and contact us and we’ll support you to make the most of your connection.
again, we can’t wait to get the new album into your hands. we feel like it’s the most mature, cinematic, three-dimensional thing we’ve ever done. your support and encouragement means the world to us.
thank you so much…
paul and andy
we are gearing up to launch a kickstarter in support of the new black lab album.
the album is almost done and we love it and think it’s so good that we want to give it a chance to go out and set the world on fire.
we intend to raise a bunch of money to finish the mix and pay for mastering and manufacturing costs, and also to hire a publicist and a promoter to help market the album to music blogs and radio.
i’m looking for a great group of people who would be willing to work with me on getting the word out about our very ambitious goal. we need folks to be on conference calls to brainstorm about new strategies and opportunities, who might know music bloggers and other journalists and tastemakers and who would approach them, who can offer feedback about the kickstarter and make suggestions, and/or who are willing to write and call and post and tweet in order to bring their network to the campaign.
is this you?
if so, hit me back at contact AT blacklabworld DOT com and we will get started.
ok, i’m psyched! thank you.
sorry we’ve been quiet here — been a bit consumed with illness and travel. let’s all wish andy the best with his stomach issues. things have been grinding away a bit slowly but we’ll make it, i promise.
i wish i had something fun to report but basically we’re past the inspiration part of the process and neck deep in the grind — getting things finished and getting them right.
hope you all are enjoying an excellent new year and i’ll be back in touch soon.
so here in the midst of banging this record out (i know — will it ever be done? why does it take so long? i don’t know) i wanted to write and say:
1. thank you, as always, so much, for supporting us this year and every year. we make music ’cause we have to but we GET to make music because you make it possible.
2. hope you have a happy holiday season with your fam and all that, and that you don’t freeze to death (please!)
3. to make this season a little happier we’re including a little coupon for you worth $5 off any purchase on the site more than $12. that equals a $7 cd or hard earned money off any other purchases you want to make for gifts (for yourself or loved ones). enter the coupon code “HOLIDAZE” at checkout to get the deal (code is good through 12/31/13).
4. we’re also still running the $5 t-shirt sale though there’s only a few left…
5. please remember that you can always gift a black lab album to that special friend via itunes, a quick and painless (and last minute!) way of letting someone know you’re thinking of them and that you’re willing to share your excellent taste with them. just click the little arrow to the right of the buy button in itunes and you’re on your way.
6. and if you are planning a little black lab order please have it in before the 20th as that will be the last day we ship before the holiday (and, you know, given the weather demons, it might be wise to do it before then).
7. the album is coming along swimmingly, all the experiments we’ve been trying adding up to something cool and rich and, i hope, new. i know i’ve said this before but i sit here all day having the same feeling — i can’t wait for you to hear it.
ok, that’s all.
wishing you and yours the best for the holiday and the new year.
i had a great week in la working with andy. amazing how fast the songs are coming together now after such a long struggle. the stuff is different but it’s still right up the black lab alley — sexy beats, lush synths, all my neurosis and obsessions spilling out all over the place. i think you’re gonna dig it.
meanwhile, thanks to everyone who supported our $5 shirt sale — we got a tremendous response and cleared out lots of our inventory. that means there aren’t a ton of sizes left but it’s not too late to grab something you like cheap so head on over.
here’s a pic i took (ok, the only pic i took. i know. i’m lame) of andy standing on the roof of this studio building in hollywood, watching the sunset and surveying his domain. the work he’s doing is really incredible these days…